I'm an editor with 15 years of experience helping scholars to improve the quality of their writing, develop a regular writing practice, and take control of their publishing pipeline. I also create useful and comprehensive indexes for scholarly books. I approach my work as a collaboration to make your academic writing the best that it can be. Whether it's a book, a journal article, a dissertation, or an index, your final product will be demonstrably more polished and effective.
Accepting Sign-Ups for Summer 2023 Academic Writing Boot Camp
After the success of our Spring and Fall 2022 writing accountability groups, I am planning to run an academic writing boot camp this summer. Starting on June 5, the intensive 10-week program is intended for scholars committed to making substantial progress on a specific writing project. The program includes:
- a safe and collegial environment to improve the frequency and regularity as well as quality of your academic writing
- a weekly 90-minute WAG session facilitated by Margaret
- an optional weekly 45-minute WAG session facilitated by Margaret
- an informal mid-week 45-minute WAG session via Slack
- two 30-minute one-on-one planning sessions with me at the beginning and mid-point of the program
- Slack group to promote accountability & discussion throughout the week
- template for summer writing writing plan
- template for daily writing log
If you are interested and/or would like more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After working with Margaret on the index for my first book (Surviving Slavery in the British Caribbean), I can’t imagine letting anyone else do my next index.
--Assistant Professor, Xavier University
Margaret was a joy to work with. She approaches editing as a collaboration, and her critical lens and candor improved my book markedly.
—Assistant Professor, James Madison University