I work with scholars at any stage of the writing process.
I'm an editor with 15 years of experience helping scholars to improve the quality of their writing, develop a regular writing practice, and take control of their publishing pipeline. I also create useful and comprehensive indexes for scholarly books. I approach my work as a collaboration to make your academic writing the best that it can be. Whether it's a book, a journal article, a dissertation, or an index, your final product will be demonstrably more polished and effective.
Accepting Sign-Ups for Summer 2023 Academic Writing Boot Camp
After the success of our Spring and Fall 2022 writing accountability groups, I am planning to run an academic writing boot camp this summer. Starting on June 5, the intensive 10-week program is intended for scholars committed to making substantial progress on a specific writing project. The program includes:
- a safe and collegial environment to improve the frequency and regularity as well as quality of your academic writing
- a weekly 90-minute WAG session facilitated by Margaret
- an optional weekly 45-minute WAG session facilitated by Margaret
- an informal mid-week 45-minute WAG session via Slack
- two 30-minute one-on-one planning sessions with me at the beginning and mid-point of the program
- Slack group to promote accountability & discussion throughout the week
- template for summer writing writing plan
- template for daily writing log
If you are interested and/or would like more information, please fill out this questionnaire. This survey is intended to determine general interest and will not commit you to the group.
After working with Margaret on the index for my first book (Surviving Slavery in the British Caribbean), I can’t imagine letting anyone else do my next index.
--Assistant Professor, Xavier University
Margaret was a joy to work with. She approaches editing as a collaboration, and her critical lens and candor improved my book markedly.
—Assistant Professor, James Madison University